Ways You Can Be Involved at Wichita Friends School
Parent’s involvement in their child’s classroom has proven to have a positive effect on children’s success. It is a key factor in improving students’ academic performance. We know your life is full and your schedule is busy, so here are a few ideas easy ways to get involved.
- Donate items to the classroom or to the school library.
- Offer to take home and cut out items for your child’s teacher.
- Offer your time to do any yard work (weekend times are available).
- Stay in close communication with your child’s teacher on his/her progress. E-mailing the teacher works great!
- Speak to your child’s class about your career or special expertise.
- Volunteer to help with a PE class.
- Offer to help with our recycle program.
- Offer to do a craft project with the class.
- Volunteer time in your child’s classroom by sharing a favorite story book, help in a Center, organize a party, or offer to tutor.
- Offer to go on a field trip with your child’s class.
- Share your child’s success stories at WFS with your family, friends, and neighbors so the school will continue to grow!
- Support WFS through the AmazonSmile charitable giving program.